Xb2.NET Installation Notes
Is it fast?
Listen Bud... it's got radioactive blood!
The download page contains several versions of Xb2.NET; in order to eliminate version conflicts, make sure to
download and use the correct Xb2.NET DLLs for your version of Xbase++.
Xb2.NET is distributed as a password protected ZIP archive that can be expanded using a utility such as
WinZip. Once you have registered, the archive
password and Xb2.NET license key will be sent to you by email. The archive contains a directory structure,
therefore be sure to extract using folder names!
Once installed run GO.BAT to build all samples. Here's a list of sample programs included:
- ATTACH - Shows how to send large attachments to an HTTP server.
- FTPTEST - Sample FTP client application.
- GETWEB - Shows how to connect to a web server and retrieve a file.
- POSTWEB - Shows how to POST a message to an HTTP web server.
- SOAPEXEC- Sample SOAP client application.
- TCLIENT - Simple Telnet client.
- TSERVER - Simple Telnet server.
- WEBSERVE- An HTTP, HTTPS and secure SOAP server.
If the batch file fails for some reason, do this:
- Open a command prompt.
- Change directory to where you installed Xb2.NET.
- Type PBUILD to build all samples.
- Type WEBSERVE to run sample HTTP server.
- Open a web browser and navigate to: http://localhost
- The Xb2.NET "Start Here" page should appear in your browser.
- Follow instructions displayed in web browser.
SSL and TLS security library:
To use SSL and TLS security within your Xb2.NET application, you must download the OpenSSL library.
OpenSSL is a robust, commercial-grade, full-featured, and
Open Source toolkit implementing the
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and
Transport Layer Security (TLS v1)
protocols as well as a full-strength general purpose cryptography library.
Once downloaded, unzip the files in the same directory where the Xb2.NET sample executables are located.
- Download OpenSSL library
[Size: 1.2 MB Date: 2013.02.11 Build: 1.0.1e]
License key information:
There are no differences between the demo and registered versions of Xb2.NET. When you register, a license
key will be sent to you by email. Copy and paste the license key into the XB2KEY.PRG
file and make sure to link XB2KEY.PRG into your application. If the license key is invalid, your Xb2.NET
application will revert to demo mode.
When you register, you will receive: